Product Commissions - An Overview
In Zenoti, products could mean any of the retail or consumable items such as massage oils, shampoos, conditioners.
Products sold to guests are retail products and products used during the discharge of services for guests are consumable products. In many cases, products such as, almond massage oil may be tracked in the application as both, a retail and a consumable product.
In Zenoti, employees can earn commissions only on retail products - that is, for the products they sell.
In Zenoti, products may be sold in the following ways:
- Direct Sales – Products sold directly by an employee to a guest; product commission settings apply to these sales. That is, when employees sell products, they can earn commissions in three ways - based on employee or job profile settings (that is, based on revenue slabs), flat amount, or percentage of sales value.
- Free Products in Series Packages – Products offered for free as part of series packages. Commissions in this case are calculated on the weighted prices of the products.
- Bundled Products in Series Packages – Products sold as part of series packages. Commissions in this case are calculated on the actual prices of the products.
Important: Revenue on products sold as part of packages are realized when the product is given to the customers, not when the package is sold. For example, a guest may purchase a package on 15th Nov, but the bundled products may be given to the customer on the 10 Dec. In this case, revenue on the product sold is realized on 10th Dec.
Before You Begin
You must configure the item level (in this case, the product) with details of the commission. For example, can an employee earn commission on selling a particular product? If yes, on what basis should the employee earn the commission - on the basis of settings defined at employee or job profiles (revenue slabs), a flat amount, or on the basis of a percentage of the sales price?
Note: Options you see are based on settings configured from the Admin module. You see these options for Product Commissions if the option Based on product sales per guest is selected from Admin > Org > Settings > Employee > Allow product sales commission.
To configure commissions at the product (item) level:
- Ensure you are at the Organization level.
- Click Admin on the main menu.
The Admin Dashboard appears.
- Expand Resources.
- Click Products.
A list of products appears.
- Click Add.
The Create Product page appears. The commission-related settings appear in the General tab.
- In the General tab, for Commissions option, select Yes.
- For Commission Adjustment, specify a number in percentage.
Example: If you specify 50% here, it means employees will get half the amount of commission. Similarly, if you specify 100%, it means employees will get the full amount, and 200% means, employees will get double the amount of commission.
- For Commission Type, depending on your requirement, select one of the following:
- Click Next.
- [Optional] Enter or select details for Price, Vendors, Catalog, Variants, and Related products.
- Click Finish.
- Configure product commissions based on settings defined at employee or job profiles (revenue slabs)
- Configure product commissions based on a flat amount
- Configure product commissions based on percentage of sales price