You can configure automated email/text messages (SMS) notifications to send to guests wishing them on their wedding anniversary. The notification is sent on the morning of the guest's anniversary. It can be customized to include details such as center name, guest first name, anniversary message, etc.
Table of Contents
To configure and customize the Happy Anniversary email/text messages (SMS) template, follow the below steps:
Make sure you are at the Organizational level.
On the main menu, click the Admin tab.
The Admin Dashboard appears.
On Admin Dashboard, click Organization > Organizations.
The Manage Organization window will open.
Click Email/Texts tab.
Scroll down to the Guest section.
- To enable email/text notification for anniversary wishes, click Edit next to Happy Anniversary.
- Configure the following settings in the Edit Organization window:
- Happy Anniversary - Email
- To send automated emails, select the Turn this automated email on check box to send automated emails.
- Edit the Subject field and use the Available Macros if required.
- Use the Available Macros to customize the content for Plain Text and HTML emails. Depending on the recipient's browser, the email will be delivered as plain text (no formatting and images) or HTML text (includes images, links and formatting).
Note: Click the Full Screen icon in the editor to edit the text in full screen mode.
- Happy Anniversary - Text Messages (SMS)
- To send automated texts, select the Turn this automated message on check box to send automated texts.
- Use the Available Macros to customize text messages.
Note: Messages with more than 160 alphanumeric characters will require two or more text (SMS) credits. Messages with one or more Unicode characters (international/multilingual text characters) will require one text credit for every 70 characters.
- Happy Anniversary - Email
- Click Save.
A macro is a placeholder text that gets replaced with specific data when inserted into an automated email/text message. Use the below macros to customize emails/text messages to include information such as organization name, guest name, center details, etc. For example, the [OrgName] macro gets replaced with the organization name.
There are several possible reasons why an email/text message is not delivered or is not seen by a guest. Below mentioned are some common scenarios and troubleshooting tips.
Guest cannot view an email.
Email could have been delivered to the guest's Spam folder instead of the Inbox. Guide the guest to check the Spam folder.
Notification was not delivered.
Navigate to the guest profile and click the Notifications tab to review the status of notifications sent. A notification could have a Sent, Pending or Failed status.
- If the status is Sent, the message has been delivered successfully.
- If the status is Pending, then Zenoti is awaiting confirmation that the email was delivered. Check the status after a few minutes.
- If the status Failed, it could mean that one of the following prerequisites have not been met:
- Navigate to Admin > Organization >Settings and ensure Activate email and Activate text message options are selected.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization >Email/Texts and ensure the Happy Anniversary template is turned On in the EMAIL/TEXTS tab.
- Verify that there are enough email and text (SMS) credits in the center to send notifications. You can view your available credits in the right panel at the organization/center level. Contact Support if you wish to add credits.
- Verify if the guest profile has a valid phone number/email address.
- Verify in the guest profile, if the guest has opted to receive notifications. The Receive Marketing Emails and Receive Marketing Text Messages (SMS) check boxes must be selected.