You can send periodic loyalty points balance statements to your guests, using automated email/text messages (SMS) notifications. This helps guests keep track of points they have earned, redeemed, and their current points balance. This configuration is available for both Regular loyalty program and Tiered loyalty programs. Organization level configurations determine how often the guests should receive the notification.
Table of Contents
- Enable and Configure Loyalty Points Balance Statement Email or Text Message (SMS) Template
- Customize the Loyalty Points Balance Statement Template
- Available Macros
- Troubleshooting Tips
To enable and configure the loyalty point balance statement template, follow the below steps:
- Ensure you are at the Organizational level.
- On the main menu, click the Admin tab.
The Admin Dashboard appears.
- On the Admin Dashboard, click Organization > Organizations.
The Manage Organization window opens.
- Click the Points tab.
- To send and enable loyalty point statements, follow the steps below:
- For the Loyalty Point Statement, select the Enable loyalty point statement check box.
- For the Send statement starting from:
- Click the Edit loyalty point statement template link next to the date box. The Loyalty Points Balance Statement template opens. Follow Customize the Loyalty Points Balance Statement Template.
- In the date box, select the start date to send statements to guests.
- For the Statement Frequency, select the statement frequency in months. The guests will receive statements at the frequency selected here.
You can customize the following fields in the Loyalty points balance statement edit window:
- Loyalty Points Balance Statement - Email
- Select the Turn this automated email on check box to send loyalty points balance statements by emails.
- To send an email copy (Cc), click Add to include recipients by Username, employee Role or Email.
Note: For recipients added by Role, all employees mapped to the role selected in the guest's base center, will receive the email notification.
- Edit the Subject field and use the Available Macros if required.
- Use the Available Macros to customize the content for Plain Text and HTML emails. Depending on the recipient's browser, the email is delivered as plain text (does not include formatting and images) or HTML text (includes images, links and formatting).
Note: Click the Full Screen icon in the editor to edit the text in full screen mode.
- Loyalty Points Balance Statement - Text Messages (SMS)
- Select the Turn this automated message on check box to send automated texts.
- To Forward a message automatically, click Add to include recipients by Username, employee Role or PhoneNo.
Note: For recipients added by Role, all employees mapped to the role selected in the guest's base center, will receive the message.
- Use the Available Macros to customize text messages.
Note: Messages with more than 160 alphanumeric characters require two or more text (SMS) credits. Messages with one or more Unicode characters (international/multilingual text characters) require one text credit for every 70 characters.
A macro is a placeholder text that gets replaced with specific data when inserted into an automated email/text message. Use the macros below to customize emails/text messages to include information such as organization name, guest name, center details, etc.
Example: The [OrgName] macro gets replaced with the organization name.
There are several possible reasons why an email/text message is not delivered or is not seen by a guest. Mentioned below are some common scenarios and troubleshooting tips.Guest cannot view an email.
Guide the guest to check the Spam folder, as the email maybe delivered to the guest's Spam folder instead of the Inbox.
Notification was not delivered.
Navigate to the guest profile and click the Notifications tab to review the status of notifications sent. A notification could have a Sent, Pending or Failed status.
If the status is Sent, the message is delivered successfully.
If the status is Pending, then Zenoti is awaiting email delivery confirmation. Check the status after a few minutes.
If the status is Failed, it could mean that one of the following prerequisites have not been met:
- Navigate to Admin > Organization >Settings and ensure the organization has selected the Activate email and Activate text message options.
- Navigate to Admin > Organization >Points and verify if the organization has selected Enabled Loyalty Points Statement check box.
- Verify that there are enough email and text (SMS) credits to send notifications. You can view your available credits in the right panel at the organization/center level. Contact Support to add credits.
- Navigate to the Guest profile->General tab and verify if the guest has a valid phone number/email address registered.
- Navigate to the Guest profile->General tab, and verify if the Receive loyalty point statement as a text message (SMS) and an email check box is selected.
Note: For existing guests, this check box is clear by default.