Read our May Upgrade blog post for major feature enhancements in the May 2016 release. What's New includes only the features that are not explained in the blog post.
Your Zenoti account was upgraded on May 24. Here’s what’s new.
APPOINTMENT BOOK & POS
GUESTS CAN PAY FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
Allow guests to pay for friends and family, even when they are not at the center. For example, a daughter can charge her visit to her mother’s credit card on file. The guest can charge any POS transactions and membership recurring payments.
ACCEPT DISCOUNTED GIFT CARDS FOR RETAIL AND TIPS
Allow guests to purchase retail products using a discounted gift card. For instance, if you sold a $125 gift card for a discounted price of $100, guests could previously use the card to purchase services and day packages. Guests can now purchase products as well.
Guests can also use gift cards for a service provider’s tip. For example, if a guest’s invoice is for $100 and the guest has a $125 gift card, the front desk can ask if the guest would like to allot any of the remaining balance of $25 as tips.
You have the option of choosing whether discounted gift cards can be applied towards retail or tips.
EXTRA SECURITY FOR PACKAGE REDEMPTION
Enforce security on package redemptions using One-Time Password (OTP) authorization. This capability allows you to send a text message (SMS) with a verification code in order to redeem a package benefit. This stops any malpractice from staff or other guests. OTP can also be used for redemptions against memberships and prepaid cards.
REFUNDS TO CUSTOM PAYMENT METHODS
In addition to refunding a payment by cash, credit card, check, or prepaid card, you can now refund to any custom payments you may have set up.
EXCLUDE CUSTOM PAYMENTS FROM FINANCIALS AND ROYALTY CALCULATIONS
Custom payments are typically outside of options such as cash, credit card, gift cards etc. For example, if you charge a company directly for services taken by their employees or if you’ve tied up with a coupon site, that collects money on your behalf, you would use custom payments to keep tab on such payments to reconcile these charges periodically.
You can now choose to either consider them as monetary payments or not. You can exclude custom payments from your financial data that typically includes sales and collections. You can also choose to exclude custom payments from royalty calculations. Custom payments will continue to appear in close payments, and will be considered for calculating employee commissions.
MEMBERSHIPS, MARKETING & LOYALTY
CONTROL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS BASED ON THE MEMBER’S STATUS
A membership may be active, frozen, canceled, suspended or terminated. You can control what membership benefits are granted based on the status. For example:
- Choose to allow or deny benefits to be redeemed on a suspended membership.
- When freezing a membership, you could charge a fee to freeze the membership, at which time
payments will not be collected. During the freeze period, you can now by default choose to either allow or not allow guests to use accrued benefits.
You can also offset cancellations by a specified number of days. For example, if you require members to give you a 30 day notice to cancel a membership, the front desk updates the membership to status to ‘cancel’ and the system will automatically cancel the membership in 30 days. The front desk can override the cancellation date if required.
RESTRICT HOW MANY MEMBERSHIPS A SINGLE GUEST CAN PURCHASE
You can choose to setup the system to automatically deny a guest from signing up for a new membership, if the guest has an existing membership that is active, frozen or suspended. Alternatively, you can setup the system to alert the front desk and make the call on how to handle the guest.
UPDATES TO TIERED LOYALTY POINT PROGRAMS
If you have setup a tiered loyalty point program, you now have many more ways to allow guests to earn points. For example, award points based on:
- Value of services taken
- Value of retail products purchased
- Rebooking the next visit
- Guest referrals
- Online signups and online bookings
- Sharing a customer review and feedback
You can define how many points you award for each tier. For example, a guest in the ‘Platinum’ tier may earn twice as many points for signing up online as a guest in the ‘Silver’ tier.
TARGET COMMUNICATIONS TO GUESTS BASED ON THEIR LOYALTY TIER
If you have a loyalty program that uses a tiered system, you can send targeted emails and text messages based on the guest’s loyalty level. For example, you can send different promotions to your “Platinum” and “Silver” level guests. Or, send a welcome email when a new guest joins your loyalty program or moves up to a new tier.
You can also target communications based on when a guest upgrades or downgrades from a loyalty tier.
NEW OPTIONS TO SEND BIRTHDAY AND ANNIVERSARY PROMOTIONS
Send birthday promotions that are valid for the entire duration of the guest’s birthday month. You can also plan promotions for guests whose birthdays fall in a certain period, say between July and September. The same functionality is also supported for anniversaries.
INCREASE RETAIL SALES WITH CASHBACK PROMOTIONS
Run a cashback promotion that rewards a cashback value to be used on a retail purchase. For example, if a guest paid for $200 worth of services, award them $20 cashback, which they can use exclusively on retail products during their next visit.
EASY DISCOUNTS ON CUSTOM PACKAGES
When creating custom packages based on pre-existing templates – set up discounts in the template itself. You won’t have to apply a discount on each item individually when selling the package. This saves your front desk time and control how much you’re giving away in discounts.
For example, if you sell laser hair removal packages, you can setup a custom package that discounts differently when the guest purchases 1 body for 6 sittings versus 3 body areas of 6 sittings. This approach provides a very elegant, controlled way of building very customized packages while ensuring the right discounts are awarded.
PROVIDE PERSONALIZED DASHBOARDS FOR EMPLOYEES
Service providers can log into Zenoti and view a personalized dashboard that shows their work schedule, daily appointments and payroll information. This alleviates the front desk and managers from having to provide this commonly requested data.
Staff can also review hours worked, appointments closed, tips earned, commissions and more. This data provides staff transparency to their day’s performance, helps them ensure their appointments are accounted for by end of day, and they know how much to expect on their next payroll. As a result, your managers will save time during payroll.
Service providers are also able to print their monthly schedule.
Please note that this data is also available in the Employee Mobile App, which shows a richer set of data including guest notes, performance against goals and more.
SET UP OVERTIME PAY FOR ENTIRE PAY PERIOD
You could already set up overtime pay on a daily basis for employees who work beyond their scheduled hours. You can now set up overtime for the entire pay period. For example, if you run payroll over a two week period and pay staff for a minimum of 80 hours; you can offer overtime pay for every extra hour above the 80 hours during the payroll period.
DEDUCT CUSTOMER ACQUISITION COST FROM SERVICE REVENUE
You’re likely awarding commissions to service providers based on service revenue. However, the service revenue can differ from the service price listed to guests. Often, spas and salons will deduct the cost for professional products used to perform the service. You can now also deduct the marketing cost to acquire a new customer to determine service revenue.
For example, if a new guest booked a facial priced at $90, you can assign $10 for the products used during the service and $10 for the cost of acquiring this new guest. The service revenue would be $70. If you award commissions based on service revenue, the commission would be calculated on $70 rather than $90.
REGISTER SUMMARY REPORT
The register summary report that was available from the appointment book has been included as a daily report and under accounting reports for you to be able to drill down the data. Access “Register Summary” from Accounting > Daily Reports.
UPDATES TO REVENUE REPORT
Revenue reports for both the organization and center have been updated to show membership revenue further broken down by initial revenue recognition, monthly revenue recognition, revenue from service credit redemption, and revenue from service credit value.
LOYALTY POINTS SUMMARY REPORT
This new report shows points earned by each guest, and you can click through and see a further breakdown. If you have tiers, see which tier the guest falls under. Access the report at the center level from Marketing > Reports > Loyalty Points
CAMPAIGN REDEMPTION REPORT FOR EMAIL/TEXT/MEDIA CAMPAIGNS
Use this report find out how many people redeemed a campaign. Further track guest details, service details and the amount offered as discounts. Access the report from Marketing > Reports > Redemptions > Campaign Redemption
If you need help activating any enhancements, contact support.
The following enhancements are made in the Appointment Book module:
- Assign Employees to Individual Guests: You can now assign an employees to each guests, so they act as a relationship manager for the guest. A guest can be assigned an employee when creating the guest record or by editing the guest details. To assign an employee to an existing guest, go to the guest profile and enter the name of the employee in the Primary Employee field. If guests are assigned to primary employees, the names of the employees are shown along with the guest records when you export target segment data.
- More Flexibility to Clock In and Clock Out Employees: You can now clock-in or clock-out an employee even when you are viewing the appointment book for another day. Previously, if you were viewing the appointment for a different date, the system did not allow clocking the employees for the current day, unless you navigated back to the current day.
- Add Products to the Invoice Just by Scanning it: You can now add a product to the invoice just by scanning it, without even clicking the Add button. The product is added as a separate item in the POS if the same product has been added to the invoice previously, and if there is none, the product quantity starts at 1. The Sell By field includes the name of the employee who is included for any other products added to the invoice before this product. However, if no product has been added to the invoice previously, you need to select Sale By employee for the first item.
- Easily Add Sale By Employees on Product Sales: When you sell multiple products in the same invoice, you just need to select the Sale By employee for the first item, and the system assigns the same employee for all the remaining products by default. However, if you change the employee name for any product in the series, the system assigns that employees for the other products that follow.
- Improved View of Guest Appointments: The Appointments tab in the guest profile is now divided into Upcoming Appointments and Past Appointments sections. Upcoming appointments shows the list of appointments on the current and future dates while the Past Appointments section shows the appointments from the past dates. Both these can be exported to Excel and .CSV files.
- Easily Add BOM Entries: When you enter product consumption from the Add Product Consumption window, The Product Name list now also allows you to type the name of the product, making it easy to find and select the product.
- Financial Lock Date to be a Rolling Window: Previously, the system allowed to lock down financial data prior to a selected date (such as May 20). You can now set this to be a rolling window such as last 4 days. When locked down, system doesn’t allow you to take payments, book new appointments, make refunds, close register, inventory changes that affect financials.
Enhanced Week View: We've enhanced appointment book week view as follows:
- Clicking the Next arrow moves to the next week instead of moving by one day. The start day of the week is set up here: Admin > Organization > Center > [Center Name] > Hours > Week starts on.
- The date displayed on the top of the appointment book also includes the day of the week.
- The name of the employee is show in the top left cell.
We've made the following enhancements in the Marketing module:
- Easy Access to Campaign Status: You can now access the status report for a campaign from the Manage Campaigns window. From the list of campaigns, click the Campaign Status link to open its status report.
Identify Suspended Memberships Easily: You can now easily identify the suspended memberships using the icon. The suspended membership icon is displayed everywhere the membership icon is shown in the system, including:
- Appointment block
- New Appointment panel below Appointment Book
Appointment follow-up screen, under Guest Name
- Guest indicator in the POS screen
- Guest search in custom package creation screen
- Track Gift Card Sales by Occasion: You can now select an occasion for a gift card template (Admin > Setup > Gift Card Template > Add (or Edit a Gift Card > Occasion). This helps you to track online gift card sales based on occasion. Note that if you change the occasion for a template after a few gift card sales, those sales are associated to the updated occasion rather than the original one.
Reverse Loyalty Points on Invoice Refunds: When a payment is removed or an invoice is refunded for a guest using tiered loyalty points program, the system now reverses the points awarded to the guest as follows:
- If payment is removed: The points awarded to the guests are removed based on the tier to which the guest belonged at the time of payment. Note that the guest's tier could be changed at the time of removing the payment, but the system only takes their tier at the time of payment into account.
- If invoice is refunded: When an invoice is refunded, points get reversed as follows: If the guest's tier hasn't changed since the payment, the same number of points that were awarded to the guest are deducted. If guest is in a different tier currently from the one they were during the payment, the system calculates the ratio in which the points were awarded in base invoice and uses that ratio to repeal points. The points are deducted from the tier that has higher balance.
- Downgrade to Applicable Tier: The system now enables you to downgrade customers to a tier proportional to their spending rather than downgrading them to the immediately lower tier by default. You can make an organization-wide selection based on whether you want to downgrade the customers to the immediately lower tier or an applicable tier from here: Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings > Points. Note that the immediate higher tier is applied by default for upgrades.
- Manage Referral Sources More Effectively: You can now manage your referral sources more effectively by deactivating the sources that are no longer necessary. You can deactivate a referral source by clearing the Active checkbox here: Admin > Categories > Referrals > [Click a Referral Source Name] > Active. The system shows only active referral sources when adding a new guest. Note that all your existing referral sources are active by default.
- Manage Equipment More Effectively: You can now manage your equipment more effectively by deactivating the ones that are no longer used. You can deactivate an equipment by clearing the Active checkbox here: Admin > Resources > Referrals > [Referral Source Name] > Active. Note that all your existing referral sources are active by default.
- Uniquely Identify Your Rooms with Room Codes: It is now mandatory to enter a unique code for every room in your center. It helps to manage the rooms more effectively both from the UI as well as from the software code. Note that when you edit the details of any existing room and try to save them (Admin > Resources > Rooms > [Click a Room Name > Room Code), you need to enter a room code or the system shows the following error message.
- More Customized Bar Code Printing: While printing barcodes from the Manage Products (Admin Dashboard > Resources > Products > Barcode) window, you can now select the row and column that you want to start printing from.
- Enhanced Issue Management and Notifications: We've made the following enhancements to issue management and notifications:
- Added a center-level settings called Issue owner (Admin > Centers > [Center Name] > Settings > General). It is useful to alert the center manager when an issue is automatically created because of low feedback.
- Added a new template called Issue created to notify people when an issue is assigned to them. The template supports both email and text messages and is triggered when an issue is created or reassigned to an employee.
- Created an alert message that is displayed every time an employee with an active issue assigned to them logs in to the system.
- Enhanced the exported list of issues, which now shows all the notes against the issue and not just the most recent one.
We've made the following enhancements to the Employee module:
- Configure Overtime Pay Per Pay Period: Previously, the system allowed you to configure overtime pay based on the extra working hours calculated per day. We have now upgraded the feature to calculate the overtime pay based on pay periods.This overtime configuration is applicable only when employee payroll hours are calculated based on actual check-in and check-out times.
To select pay period based overtime pay, follow these steps:
- Go to Employee Dashboard> Employee > Employees > [Click a Employee Name] > General > Overtime.
- Select Pay Period from the list, enter the number of regular hours you take into account per pay period, and then enter a multiplier, so the wage for the extra hours is calculated by multiplying the regular wages with that number.
The following enhancements are made to Reports:
- Added Daily Register Summary Report: We've added a new report called Register Summary report in both Accounting and Daily reports. From the Accounting Reports, you can run the Register Summary report for a period of up to 6 months (Admin > Reports > Accounting Reports > Register Summary.) From the Daily reports, you can run the Register Summary report for a selected date (Admin > Reports > Daily Reports > Register Summary.)
- Track Closed Invoices by Service or Sale Date: Sales Invoices Report now allows you to track closed invoices based on the date of service or sale (Admin > Reports > Sales > Invoices > Closed > Services/Sale Date).
- Added Loyalty Points Summary Report: We've added a new report called the Loyalty Points Summary report to show the points for each guest in the system. When you click a guest's points, the Balance as on Date report opens.
- Enhanced Collections by Transaction Report: We've made the following enhancements to the Collections by Transactions report:
- Added Payment Type filter: The report can now be filtered using payment type. Card payments can be tracked using specific type of the card. Also, if you select the Custom payment filter, the system opens a list of all the custom payment types for you to select.
- Added more column details: We've added a new column named Total that shows the sum of Payment Amount and Tips. The report also shows the totals for Payment Amount, Tips, and Total columns now.
- Updated Membership Revenue Reporting: Revenue reports now split the Membership revenue into these three columns:
- Memberships – Includes initial recurring revenue, monthly recurring revenue, and Freeze fee collected.
- Membership Credit Redemption – Revenue recognized from credit value usage.
- Membership Service Credit Redemption – Revenue recognized from service credit usage