Read our April Upgrade blog post for major feature enhancements in the April 2016 release. This article includes only the features that are not explained as a part of the blog post.
Your Zenoti account was upgraded on April 19. Here’s what’s new.
APPOINTMENT BOOK & POS
MAXIMIZE YOUR INVESTMENTS ON EQUIPMENT
Equipment is a capital cost to your business. Zenoti ensures you get maximum value from your equipments. Manage equipments similar to how you use rooms in the system.
Associate an equipment with a service, and the system will automatically check the equipment’s availability, whenever that service is booked. For example, to perform a laser treatment, you’d want the necessary equipment to be available at the time of the appointment. The system continuously tracks the usage of equipments, which means, if the front desk is booking a laser treatment for a time when the equipment is already booked up, they will receive an alert to reschedule.
If an equipment is available only in a certain room, you can associate both the room and the equipment to the service, and system will check the availability of both while booking an appointment.
This removes ambiguity around when your equipment is available, and reduces waiting time for guests. You’ll eliminate instances when the guests shows up for the appointment, and you’re unable to honor their appointment because the equipment you need is already in use.
Further, track your equipment’s utilization and the revenue it generates with reports. Use this information to reduce idle time, and increase return on investment.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT WITH MULTIPLE SERVICES
Quickly book an appointment with multiple services from the bottom panel of the appointment book.
Choose from all your category of services, with the ability to select services, services with variants and add-ons. This is helpful for busy salons and spas where guests often take multiple services per visit.
ENFORCE AUTHORIZATION TO MAKE SCHEDULE EXCEPTIONS
Enforce authorization when booking appointments during a therapist’s non-scheduled hours. For example, if a therapist is scheduled between 9 am and 6 pm, and you’re trying to book an appointment under the therapist for 6:30 pm – you can enforce that a manager or a supervisor has to authorize the appointment.
This would also apply when you reschedule appointments, and the therapist is not scheduled to work during the new appointment time. With authorization, you’ll eliminate scheduling errors, and ensure that only staff who are responsible for scheduling make these exceptions.
LIST THERAPISTS BY BOOKING VALUE
You can have your appointment book list therapists by name, job or schedule. You can now also list them by booking value. This helps you prioritize therapists who bring in more revenue.
SUPPORT FOR ELECTRONIC GIFT CARDS
Switch over from physical gift cards to electronic gift cards. Simply, email the gift card to the recipient from the POS. Save on printing costs, and it’s safer and easier to manage than physical gift cards. Guests could already buy electronic gift cards from your online store.
TRACK PAYMENT TRANSACTIONS AGAINST EMPLOYEES
All POS transactions are automatically recorded against the employee who is logged into Zenoti from the computer that’s connected to the POS terminal. When a single cash register is used by multiple staff for collecting payments, there is no easy way to track payments, unless each employee logs in to record their transactions.
Now, you can have your employees punch in their unique employee passcode at POS to authenticate every sale. Allow the transaction to go through only after the passcode is entered and verified. This increases accountability of individual employees, and helps you track transactions more closely.
The passcodes are unique to each member in an organization, which means, an employee can use the unique passcode even while working at multiple locations.
MORE PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR RECURRING MEMBERSHIPS
Collect recurring membership payments via custom payment types. These types of payments are typically outside of options such as cash, credit card, gift cards etc. For example, it could be accepting a voucher from a coupon site you’ve tied up with or directly billing a company that offers your membership as a job benefit to its employees.
SETUP LOCATION WISE PRICING FOR MEMBERSHIPS
Define membership pricing at the individual center level. It is common for multi-location businesses to have differential pricing for services and memberships at different locations. Instead of having to set up duplicate memberships, setup location-wise pricing under a single membership. Further, you can also choose to have different set up fees for different locations.
FLEXIBILITY TO USE CREDITS AFTER MEMBERSHIP IS CANCELED OR EXPIRED
Allow members to redeem benefits they’ve accrued after their membership is canceled or expired. This allows your customers to redeem benefits they’ve already paid for, and it’s a positive end to a customer interaction, and you may be able to win them back in the future. Only service credits and credit value that members may have accrued can be used after expiry, but not discounts on services.
In all reporting instances, the status of the member will be considered as inactive.
AUTOMATE MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS
Configure the system to automatically renew memberships on expiry. Even, choose a default membership to renew with. For example, on expiration of a 3-month fixed-term membership, you can have the member automatically renewed to a monthly recurring membership.
This is useful for businesses that first sign up guests for fixed-term memberships, before moving them on to recurring memberships.
This helps cut down the time and effort you spend selling membership renewals. The payment type used for the expired membership carries over to the renewed membership.
MARKETING & LOYALTY
SET UP A SERIES OF GIFT VOUCHERS FOR A MARKETING CAMPAIGN
It’s likely you do marketing that involves,
- Setting up booths at events, capturing leads and giving away gift vouchers.
- Putting gift voucher inserts along with your direct mail, or newspapers.
- Encouraging employees to give away vouchers when they meet new people.
You’d typically offer a flat amount off such as $20 or 10% off the guest’s next visit. Often, this involves challenges such as creating vouchers of sizable quantities, and tracking the effectiveness of the campaign and to actually find out how many of these vouchers were redeemed.
Zenoti simplifies the entire process:
- Create vouchers of any quantity of your choice in a series.
- Set up a campaign with the offer or discount.
- Guests redeem voucher at POS on entering unique code.
- Pull up detailed reports to measure campaign effectiveness.
SUPPORT FOR GIFTING SERVICES
Guests can now directly gift services instead of a gift card with monetary value. For example, instead of a $100 gift card, a guest can choose to buy a gift card with a benefit of a Deep Tissue Massage. Multiple services and add ons are supported. The guest receiving the gift card also has the flexibility to choose another service instead of the one that was gifted. If the service is priced higher, the guest can pay the difference via cash or card.
AUTO ENROLL NEW GUESTS TO YOUR LOYALTY PROGRAM
If you run a tier-based loyalty points program, you can now automatically enroll new guests to the program.
Let’s say, you run a loyalty program with three tiers – Silver, Gold and Platinum; with Silver being the lowest-tier, requiring a minimum spend of $100. The system continuously tracks guest spend, and once a guest reaches $100, she’s automatically added to the Silver tier. On enrollment, she starts earning points on every transaction.
Similarly, when the guest reaches the spend required for the Gold tier, she’s upgraded automatically without requiring any manual effort.
SEND A TEST MESSAGE BEFORE LAUNCHING CAMPAIGNS
Before you send out a text message (SMS) campaign to guests, send yourself a test message to make sure you know exactly what your guest’ll see. Pick out typos or extra spaces that you might have missed while setting up your message.
CREATE EXCLUSIVE CAMPAIGNS FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES
Run exclusive promotions and discounts only for your employees. A new “employee” category has been added under target segments. Further, narrow down your audience based on,
- Tags you may have added to an employee’s profile
- When the tag was added
- Status of the employee
For example, you could set up a targeted 30% discount campaign just for Senior Therapists and Senior Stylists. Send texts or emails to keep employees informed, and track campaign effectiveness similar to how you would for customers.
Attrition is a major challenge, and these benefits can go a long way in retaining your best employees.
SEND TARGETED RETAIL PROMOTIONS
Increase retail sales by sending targeted messages based on when a guest did or did not make a retail purchase.
EQUIPMENT REVENUE REPORT
Track how much revenue each equipment is contributing. Access the report at the Center level from Admin > Reports > Financial > Revenue > Equipment Revenue
EQUIPMENT UTILIZATION REPORT
See how occupied your equipments are. Use this report to decrease idle time. Access the report at the Center level from Admin > Reports > Operational > Resource Utilization > Equipment Utilization
View all of today’s transactions in the appointment book. Further filter down by payment types such as cash, check, card etc. Access the report by clicking on an empty block on the appointment book, and select “Today’s Transactions Details” from the menu.
Today’s summary in the appointment book is updated with:
- Register Summary, which shows sales, collections, tips and cross center redemptions for the day in a single view.
If you need help activating any enhancements, contact support.
The following enhancements are made in the Appointment Book module:
- Calculate Tips as Percentages of Service Cost: The system now enables you to enter the tip or gratuity as a percentage of total service cost, instead of a fixed amount. To calculate the tip as a percentage, type the percentage number followed by the % symbol in the Tip or Gratuity box in the POS. For example, if you want to give a 10 percent tip on a service, enter 10% in the box. Note that the system calculates tips only on services.
- Easily Locate a Campaign: The Campaigns box in the POS now allows you to type the name of a campaign, while providing auto-suggestions as you type, making it easier for you to find and apply campaigns from the POS.
- View the Gift Card Details in the Recipient's Guest History: If a guest buys a gift card for someone else and the recipients details are entered in the POS, the system now shows the gift card details in the recipient's Guest History. Previously, the system allowed the recipient to redeem the gift card, but the details were only shown in the Guest History of the customer who bought it.
- Sort the Therapist List by Booking Value: You can now sort the therapist list on the appointment book based on the value of their closed invoices for the day. You can also view the booking value next to the name of the therapist. These options are available in the appointment book settings for the center:
Admin Dashboard > Organization > Centers > [Center Name] > Settings > Appointment Book > Therapist Display Order.
- Faster Reconciliation of Credit Card and Custom Payments: We have added key details related to credit card and custom payments on the register closure window for easier reconciliations and to complete closures faster. The following details are included for each type of credit card and custom payment:
- Number of transactions
- Amount paid
- Total amount
Also, we've added a Notes box for front desk to capture any comments other than the notes for credit card or cash adjustments.
- Easily Identify Other Center Guests and Expired Members: Appointment Book now shows storefront icon for guests whose primary center is different from current center. Also, for guests with expired or cancelled memberships with available service credits, the appointment book shows icon, which is different in color from the regular membership icon .
The following enhancements are made in the Marketing module:
- Configure Deferred Discounts to Expire after a Set Number of Days: You can now configure the deferred discounts (discounts that can be used later) to expire after a specified number of days. Previously, the system only allowed to set a specific date for these discounts to expire. To configure deferred discounts to expire after a specific number of days, follow these steps:
- Go to Marketing > Discounts > Add > Deferred Discounts.
- Select Allow discount to be used later.
- Select the in radio button, and then enter the number of days in the box next to it.
Note that a coupon is printed in the current invoice which can be redeemed in the next invoice, subject to conditions.
- Improved Membership Custom Target Segments: You can now create custom target segments based on Memberships with your own time period, in terms of any number of days, weeks, or months. Previously, the system only supported predefined time periods. We've also changed the names of these two criteria for more relevance:
- Status is renamed as Type
- Plan is renamed as Name
- Ability to Stop Always on and Scheduled Campaigns: You can now stop Scheduled and Always On campaigns with the following outcomes:
- When an Always On campaign is stopped, its status is changed to Paused.
- Unless the status of an Always On campaign is changed manually by clicking Set it Live, it is not sent to guests.
- When a Scheduled Campaign is stopped, its status changes to Cancelled.
- In both the cases, the last initiated instance of the campaign is not sent to the guests.
- Once any campaign is live, the type and communication channel of the campaign cannot be changed.
- Configure Email and Text Messages for Cashback Coupons: You can now configure the system to send the details of cashback coupons to the guests using automated emails and text messages. These emails or text messages use the same templates that are used for custom coupons and deferred discounts, and can be set up for the entire organization from here: Admin Dashboard > Organization > Organizations > Email/Text > [Guest] Coupon > Edit. The email or text messages are sent after closing the invoice.
- Enable Guests to Stop Receiving Transaction and Marketing Text Messages: You can now configure an opt-out code that your guests can send as a text message to opt out from receiving your transaction or marketing messages. This feature applies to centers in Australia currently.
We've made the following enhancements to the Inventory module:
- Added New Bar Code Printing Size (Letter): We have added a new size for bar code printing called Letter, which prints 80 labels per Letter size page. To select it, go to Admin Dashboard > Organization > Centers > [Center Name] > Settings > Inventory > Bar Code printer settings > Letter (80 Labels). This configuration works well for Avery-8167,
label size ½ inch * 1 ¾ inch”, and includes name, code, and price.
The following enhancements are made to Reports:
- View All the Day's Transaction from the Appointment Book: We have added a new report called Today's Transactions in the Appointment Book that shows all the transactions that have taken place at your center until the current time on the given day. This report helps you with reconciliations during day closure and can be filtered by the type of payments.