Read our March Upgrade blog post for major feature enhancements in the March 2016 release. This article includes only the features that are not explained as a part of the blog post.
Your Zenoti account was upgraded on March 8. Here’s what’s new.
AUTOMATED APPOINTMENT CONFIRMATIONS WITH 2-WAY TEXTS (SMS)
Is your front-desk spending hours calling to confirm appointments, only to reach voicemail more times than not? Ease the workload with text based confirmations.
Zenoti will send a text (SMS) based appointment confirmation request the day before a guest’s appointment. The guest can then confirm, they are in fact planning to come in for their appointment, through text message.
If the guest responds in the affirmative, your appointment book will automatically reflect that the appointment was confirmed.
If the guest replies in the negative, sends a note asking to reschedule the appointment, sends any other response, or does not respond at all, you can view all pending confirmations and take action directly from the appointment book.
For more details about this integration, contact support.
CALL GUESTS DIRECTLY FROM ZENOTI: KNOWLARITY INTEGRATION (FOR INDIA CUSTOMERS)
Knowlarity is a virtual phone system that helps you achieve your front desk profitability goals. With the Zenoti-Knowlarity integration, you can:
- Make calls to guests directly from within Zenoti using a headset
- Automatically record and log calls
- Filter your list of sales opportunities based on the call status. For example, if you sell annual memberships, Zenoti can create a task for your Manager to call all guests whose memberships are about to expire. With this intergration, you’ll be able to work quickly through the list.
Your staff will be able to follow-up and sell more effectively and quickly. And managers have the ability to monitor your operations more closely.
The Knowlarity integration is available as part of Zenoti’s Enterprise plan. Contact support for more information.
PAYMENT EXPRESS – POS INTEGRATION
Zenoti now supports Payment Express, a leading payment gateway, for integration with your POS. This integration extends the existing capability to process online transactions on the Zenoti webstore, to your in-store POS.
Payment Express supports securely saving credit/debit cards, recurring payments, among other POS features.
Contact support to find out if Payment Express is supported in your region.
MARKETING & LOYALTY
LAUNCH MARKETING CAMPAIGNS FASTER
Our campaign creation workflow got a makeover!
You don’t want to spend a lot of your time creating campaigns. We’ve updated our UI and improved the usability, so it’s now easier and faster to set up email, text message and push notification campaigns.
Send an email or text, run a promotional email, or set up your newsletter – it’s all easier.
UPDATE YOUR REWARDS PROGRAM
Differentiate how many loyalty points you award for day packages vs a series or custom package. For example, award 15 points for every $1 spent on a day package purchase and award 10 points for every $1 spent on a series or custom package.
Encourage rebookings (also referred to as prebookings) with loyalty points. If a guest books their next appointment immediately after their current visit (typically within 24 hours), they’ll be awarded their loyalty points after their next visit is completed.
FLEXIBILITY IN MEMBERSHIP COLLECTION
Allow guests to change future payment dates on their membership. This could be just for the upcoming payment or for all future dates. Guests can also change payment type for future recurring payments. For example, a customer who paid cash every month for a monthly membership, can switch over to paying by credit card for future payments.
CHARGE FEE TO FREEZE MEMBERSHIPS
Dormant memberships are neither beneficial to you nor your members. Discourage freezing by charging a one-time or recurring fee to freeze memberships.
BILL RECURRING PAYMENTS WITH CONFIDENCE
Stop processing payments on accounts, where a previous transaction failed and was queued with Element PS Account Updater. The system will wait until a response is received. This helps in not suspending memberships, while the accurate payments details are being updated.
APPOINTMENT BOOK & POS
CAPTURE MISSING GUEST INFORMATION
When you look up a guest from the appointment book, and see their email or phone number is missing, you can now instantly update the information, and keep guest records up to date.
HELP CUSTOMERS REMEMBER NEXT VISIT DATE
Ideally, your guest should rebook their next visit before leaving their appointment. In case they don’t, you can now set Zenoti to automatically include the guest’s recommended next visit date on their prescription.
VIEW EMPLOYEE SCHEDULES FROM THE APPOINTMENT BOOK
Quickly lookup an employee’s scheduled days, schedule hours, and days off from within the appointment book. You can also print out directly from the appointment book.
SELECT SERVICE VARIANTS WITH EASE
Similar to prompting the front desk to choose add-ons for a service, the system now alerts you with a list of variants for a service. For example, if you offer a Deep Tissue Massage in 30, 60 and 90 minute sessions, add each of these session times as a variant. When the front desk staff selects a service that has variants, they will see a list of variants to choose from.
KEEP CERTAIN INVOICE TYPES OPEN
At the organizational level, you could previously choose to enforce that your centers close all invoices before being able to close the register for the day. Now, you have more flexibility to choose what type of invoices can be left open. For example, you could enforce all product invoices be closed for the day, while leaving open membership or gift card invoices.
UPDATES TO EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE INDEX
The employee performance index is an overall indicator of an employee’s performance that takes into account metrics such as sales, utilization, guest satisfaction etc.
Guest retention metrics are also now included in the index. To view the employee performance index, at the center level, go to Employees > Reports > Performance
CUSTOMER MOBILE APP
ALLOW GUESTS TO ENTER PREFERENCES WHILE BOOKING APPOINTMENTS
Guests can enter their preferences to go with the service when booking an appointment through the mobile app. For example, a customer booking a hair cut and color could mention their preferred hair color. These preferences entered by the guest show up in the appointment book, when you hover over over the appointment block. They are are also automatically saved to invoice notes.
CANCEL APPOINTMENTS FROM MOBILE APP
Allow guests who booked appointments through your mobile app to cancel them through the app. For example, if you accept cancellations 6 hours before the appointment, guests who made mobile bookings can cancel before 6 hours to avoid a cancellation fee.
EMPLOYEE MOBILE APP
TIME STAMP ON IMAGES ADDED ON MOBILE APP
The employee mobile app allows you to add images to guest data and service data. You’ll notice a time stamp on images to indicate the date and time of when they were added.
ZOOM IN ON IMAGES
While annotating images on the employee mobile app, service providers can pinch to zoom in on images, and more accurately markup areas of treatment.
NEW DAILY REPORTS
The following five reports, which were available as day reports are now also available for the month to give you month-to-date numbers. These reports help businesses that rely on collections to keep track of how much is being collected. Access them from Admin > Daily Reports > For the month > Center Financials
- Service Collections Details
- Product Collections Details
- Membership Collection Details
- Package Collection Details
- Gift Card Collections
OPPORTUNITIES CONVERSION REPORT
Track the effectiveness of sales employees in converting opportunities. See how many opportunities have changed status from lead to prospect or prospect to won, and employee-wise conversion percentages to measure effectiveness. Access the report from Sales > Reports > Conversions
CATEGORY WISE REVENUE REPORT
This report shows how much category-wise service revenue each employee contributes. For example, if a service provider is qualified to perform hair and body services, find out how much revenue she’s contributing in each of these categories. Access this report from Employee > Reports > Sales > Revenue
COLLECTION BY REFERRAL REPORT
Identify your most effective referral sources. Find out how much your are collecting from existing guests tracked against their referral type. Use this information to make strategic marketing decisions. Access this report from Admin > Reports > Collections > Collections by referral
NEW GUEST REPORT
The report shows the list of new guests within a specified date range – people who took their first service or bought a retail product, package, membership or gift card. Use this report to plan bounce back campaigns to get them to visit again. Access the report from Loyalty > Reports > Guests > New Guests
BLOCK OUT TIME DETAILS REPORT
Use this report to track when an employee had to take an unscheduled break, duration, and the reason. Access the report from Employee > Reports > Time > Block Out Time Details
If you need help activating any enhancements, contact support.
The following enhancements are made in the Appointment Book module:
- Prevent Thank You Notifications for Non-Service Appointments: You can now stop thank you emails or text messages from being sent to guests whose purchases do not include any service. Go to Admin > Organizations > Organization Name > Settings > General and select the Do not send Thank You message for non-service purchases checkbox.
- Faster Access to Guest's Active Packages: When you try to book an appointment for guests with packages, clicking the Packages link on the Appointment Info panel now only shows the active packages, with benefits to use. To view inactive packages as well, click the Show All checkbox on the top of the dialog.
- Block Register Closure for Multiple Types of Open Invoices: You can now close the register even if the product, membership, or other invoices are still open. Previously, the system allowed closing the register with services invoices open, but all other invoices had to be closed. You can select the invoices types that can be open without blocking the register closure from here: Admin > Organizations > Centers > Settings > Appointment Book > Allow register closure with open invoices.
- Support for Arabic Text in Customer Feedback: The system now enables your customers to provide their feedback in Arabic text.
- Show the Printing Time on Receipts: The system now shows the time of printing a receipt in all sizes and formats, except the GST and two column formats. You can enable the printing time on the receipt on the Invoice and Receipt settings at the organizational level.
- Receive Confirmation Dialog on Resizing Appointment Blocks: To help you avoid accidentally resizing the appointment, we have added a new organization level setting that shows an alert when you try to tweak an appointment block. Go to Admin > Organization > Settings > Appointment Book > Change Service Time in Appointment and select Warn. After you select this, the system shows an alert when you try to change the size of an appointment box as shown below:
- Useful Alerts for More Accurate Bookings: We've added the following options so you can receive useful system alerts when booking appointments:
- Customer double-bookings: Go to Admin > Organization > Settings > Appointment Book and select the Show alert when double-booking guests checkbox. The system shows an alert when a guest's appointment is overlapping, asking the front desk staff to confirm if they want to continue with the appointment.
- Therapist double bookings: Go to Admin > Organization > Settings > Appointment Book > Double-booking for Therapists and select Allow, Block, Or Warn. If you select Warn, the system shows an alert when a therapist's appointments are overlapping, asking the front desk staff to confirm if they want to continue with the booking.
- Overbooking Room Capacity: Go to Admin > Resources > Spa Rooms and click the name of a room or create a new room for which you want to set up the alert. Select the Can exceed with a warning checkbox. When the room is being overbooked, the system shows an alert to confirm if you want to continue with the booking.
- Enhanced Prescriptions: We've made the following enhancements to prescriptions:
- You can now capture Potency along with prescription, dosage, and instructions
- You can enter a the Next Visit Date to the prescription. You can also make it mandatory to enter the next visit date at the center level: Go to Admin > Centers > Settings and select the Enforce next visit date in prescription checkbox.
- When using prescription set in prescription, now edit a prescription item inline – you don't have to remove the item and add a new one.
- Enhanced Group Invoices: We've made the following enhancements to group invoices:
- Use stored card for group invoice payments: Select a guest from the group and use cards stored on account.
- Collect feedback for group bookings: The feedback is included in the receipt, similar to individual appointment. Feedback rating provided is copied against individual invoices. You can choose to provide feedback against a single appointment in the group or for the whole group appointment.
- Enhanced Appointment Followup Screen: You can now filter the appointments in the Appointment Followup screen based on the confirmation status of the appointment. The window also shows membership icons next to names of the members.
- Configure Recovery Time for Service Segments: For services with segments, you can now define recovery time for each segment. For example, a hair touch-up might include the color, wash, and blow-dry segments. You can define recovery time for each of these segments at the employee level. To do this, go to the Employee Dashboard > Services tab, and expand a service with segments. Click Edit and configure the custom recovery time for each segment.
The following enhancements are made in the Marketing module:
- Target Customer by Cancelled Appointments: You can now target your guests based on their cancelled appointments in a specified time in the past, similar to how you target based on last visits.
- Easily Access the List of All Employees: Previously, the All guests target segment could only be built using three separate target segments within Demographics: gender is male, gender is female, and gender is not provided. You can now create the list easily by selecting All under the Gender list.
- Track Your Sales Conversion Effectively: You can now keep track of your sales team's efficiency in converting leads. The new Conversions report (Sales > Reports > Conversions) helps you see the number of leads converted from one status (such as Lead) to another status (such as Prospect) in a given period of time, based on the data entered at the opportunity level.
- Cancel Memberships Within Lock-in Period: The system now enables you to cancel memberships before the lock-in period ends. You need to assign this permissions to specific roles in your organizations, so only employees with those roles can make the cancellations. You can access the permission from here: Admin > Organization > Security Roles > [Select a Role] > Permissions > Marketing Manager > Skip Lock In Period Check.
The following enhancements are made to Reports:
- Filter Financial Summary by Both Service Date and Closed Date: You can now choose between the Service Date and Closed Date for the financial summary presented in these reports:
- Financial Summary (Admin > Reports > Accounting > Financial Summary)
- Daily Financial Summary (Admin > Reports > Daily Reports > Daily Financial Summary)
- Monthly Financial Summary (Admin > Reports > Daily Reports > Monthly Financial Summary).
You can set up the default date for these reports at an organization level using the Default Date For Services Sales Calculation in Financial Summary Reports option.
- Filter Center Invoice Average Report by Item Type: We have added an Item Type filter list shown below, so you can track your Center Invoice Average by the type of sale items.