Read our February Upgrade blog post for major feature enhancements in the January 2016 release. This article includes only the features that are not explained as a part of the blog post.
Your Zenoti account was upgraded on January 27. Here’s what’s new.
APPOINTMENT BOOK & POS
STAY CONNECTED WITH GUESTS BEFORE AND AFTER THEIR APPOINTMENT
It is now easy for your front desk to remind guests of upcoming appointments, and follow up with them after the service. Track if service reminders, after-care texts and emails were sent before and after the appointment, and capture calls made to the guest. The new “guest contact center” of sorts helps your front desk receive confirmation from guests prior to the appointment, and follow-up after to discuss post-service care. This creates an overall positive experience for your guest. Click on the “Follow up” button to open up the following screen.
GUEST ALERT ON OPENING OF GUEST PROFILE
You’re likely already using notes to alert the front desk of any special instructions. You can now add a note to pop open when the front desk opens the guest’s profile. For example, your front desk can document a guest’s recent injury or if a guest is allergic to chemicals; on accessing the guest’s profile, you’ll see an alert that pops-up with the documented note. This is helpful to stay on top of critical information about your guest, take precautions and personalize your experience.
CHOOSE YOUR DEFAULT POS PAYMENT METHOD
By default, the payment method on your POS is set to cash. However, you can change the default payment method on your POS, which speeds the checkout slightly for most of your transactions. For example, to change the default payment method to credit card, ensure you’re in the Org view. Go to the admin dashboard, click on Organization > Organizations. Select Payments and expand Payment View. Under Default Payment Option in Point-of-Sale, select Credit/Debit from drop down and click on Save.
FLEXIBILITY IN AWARDING COMMISSION WITH SALE CHANGES
When you change a sale from one service provider to another, you can decide how to award the commission for the sale. You can choose to award the commission to either of the employees or split it equally between them.
REWARD EMPLOYEES WHO ARE REQUESTED BY GUESTS
Your front desk should be capturing any guest requests for a specific employee. You can now reward the employee with an additional bonus for the service. This encourages service providers to provide exceptional service. To do this, go to the employee dashboard, click on the Employees link. Edit an existing employee by clicking on their name. In the general tab, update the “RT Bonus” field with the amount you’d like to award.
DEFINE A CUSTOM TIME FOR SERVICES WITH SEGMENTS
For services with segments, now define custom times for each segment by service provider. For example, a hair touch-up might include the segments color, wash, and blow-dry. You can define custom times for each of these segments at the employee level. To do this go to the Employee Dashboard > Services tab, and expand a service with segments. Click on Edit and configure service times for each segment.
COMPENSATE EMPLOYEES FOR EXTRA HOURS WITH OVER-TIME PAY
If a service provider works beyond their scheduled working hours – you can now award special over-time pay for those hours. For example, if you want to award overtime pay of $15 an hour as against the regular hourly pay of $10 for the schedule of 8 hours, go to the employee dashboard, click on the Employees link. Edit an existing employee by clicking on their name. In the general tab, update “Daily Overtime”. Enter 8 hours in the “Above” text box, and 1.5 in the “Multiplier” text box.
MEMBERSHIPS & MARKETING
HANDLE MEMBERSHIP PAPERWORK WITH EASE
Easily create membership forms such as the contract with terms and conditions, authorization form to change credit card details or a request form to freeze a membership. Build forms with the content of your choice with the text editor, and include macros to auto-populate information such as guest name, address, membership name, price etc. Access forms from multiple places to quickly print out for guests – such as in POS when selling a membership, or within membership details where you freeze a membership.
NEW OPTIONS TO SEND TARGETED MESSAGES
Send targeted messages based on when your guest is scheduled to visit next. You could send out a service reminder to clients who have not visited you in the last 6 weeks and don’t have an appointment scheduled in the next week. You could also send time-specific information such as keeping guests informed of ongoing maintenance work for the next 2 weeks in the street your business is located in. We’ve also added capabilities to help you send targeted messages based on guest no-shows.
VIEW ALL AVAILABLE THERAPISTS’ SLOTS
When booking an appointment on your webstore, visitors will now see all available therapists’ slots for the requested date and time. The new change helps you display exact appointment slots and available therapists as per your appointment book, and helps you better integrate online bookings in your day’s schedule, and reduce idle time.
ELIMINATE FAILED TRANSACTIONS DUE TO EXPIRED OR INVALID CARDS WITH ELEMENT PS – ACCOUNT UPDATER
Receive automatic updates to existing credit card records stored with Element PS to eliminate billing to expired or invalid cards. For instance, if a payment fails on a recurring membership due to the member’s card expiring, a request is automatically sent to Account Updater, and you’ll typically receive a response within 2-10 days with the updated card information. The service is available for Visa and MasterCard cards, and currently works in three failed transaction scenarios,
- Declined – Card issuer has declined the transaction.
- Expired – Card Card is expired.
- Pick Up Card – Card issuer has declined the transaction and wants to recover the card.
Contact Element PS first to activate Account Updater, and then contact Zenoti support to enable the integration.
If you need help activating any enhancements, contact support.
The following enhancements are made in the Appointment Book module:
- Apply Discount to a Custom Package at the Point of Sale: This enhancement allows you to apply a campaign and provide discount to guests for custom packages. For custom packages created from the POS, campaigns and discounts can now be applied using Package Tags. You must first create a campaign including discount for packages with specific tags. Assign the tag that is configured, from the drop-down list, and apply the custom package discount campaign to give a discount.
You can also personalize the name of the package for the guest.
- Display the Price of a Service With or Without Taxes: With this enhancement, you have the option of showing the price of a service excluding the tax. This allows you to clearly display what is the service price and what is the tax amount. If you configure the system to not show the price including the tax, then the tax applicable on the service is displayed separately. This depends on whether the service price is configured inclusive of service tax at the Organization level.
- Improved Service Entry at the POS: If you have to add a second service for a customer from the POS, you need not select the therapist name again while adding the second service. The previously selected therapist’s name will be automatically selected. You can, however, change the therapist if required.
- Enhanced Appointment Log: With this release, you can see, in the appointment log, the name of the employee who closed an appointment invoice.
- Navigate the Guest Profile Tabs Easily: Now you do not have to scroll or maximize the Guest Profile page to be able to see all the tabs. We’ve redesigned the navigation, so you can just scroll through the tabs, instead of scrolling the whole page.
The following enhancements are made in the Marketing module:
- Focused Setup Pages for Always On and Scheduled Campaigns: We have now separated the configuration settings for Always On and Scheduled Campaigns into two pages, so you can access only the relevant options while creating campaigns. You need to click Add Always On Campaign or Add Scheduled Campaign buttons for creating an Email/Text Message or Opportunity campaign, instead of the generic Add button that the system showed previously.
- Test your Email before Sending the Campaign Out: The system now allows you to send a test email before you send it out to all the guests in a campaign. After you complete composing the email, click the Send Test Mail button. Once you click the button, the system shows a text box where you can enter the email address to which the message needs to be sent.
- Define Your Own Time Period While Creating Custom Target Segments: When you create custom target segment rules based on guest visits, you can now define your own time period in terms of days, weeks, or months. Previously, the system only supported predefined time periods of weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year.
- Target Customer by Their Next Scheduled Visit: We’ve introduced the following two new criteria to target guests based on their visits. In terms of setting up operators and time period they are similar to the other existing criteria.
- Next Visit: Helps you target your guests based on their scheduled appointments in a specified time in the future, similar to how you target based on last visits. For instance, if you want to set up a campaign to remind a guest for a hair cut whose last visit for a hair cut was six weeks back, the Next Visit criteria helps you exclude those who have a scheduled appointment in the next few days.
- No Show: Helps you target your guests based on no shows in a specified time in the past.
- Filter the Email/Text Message Campaigns by Campaign Type: You can now filter the list of your Email/Text Message campaigns (Marketing > Campaigns > Email/Text Message) by the Campaign Type and Schedule Type lists shown below.
The following enhancements are made in the Inventory module:
- Restricting Delivery Order to Not Exceed the Requested Transfer Order: You can restrict the delivery order of products to a center to not exceed the quantity raised or requested. For example, if a center raises a transfer order for 100 bottles of a particular shampoo, then the delivery of the order must not exceed 100 bottles. You can set this at the Organization level under Inventory settings.
The following enhancements are made to Reports:
- More Invoice Type Filters for the Invoices Report: You can now filter the Sales – Invoices report (Admin > Reports > Sales > Invoices) by No Show, Cancelled, and Deleted appointments invoice types. Previously, the system provided the All, Open, Closed, Open and Closed options to filter.
- Filter Center Invoice Average Report by Item Type: We have added an Item Type filter list shown below, so you can track your Center Invoice Average by the type of sale items.