What is This?
Custom coupons enable you to print a coupon on a customer's invoice or receipt. Custom coupons combine an offer (discount or cashback) with a target segment so that the POS can automatically choose the right offer for each customer.
Create a comprehensive set of rules to ensure every customer falls into a segment. During payment, the POS looks through the list of rules, in order, and prints a coupon based on the first target segment that the customer falls into.
- Redeem a custom coupon by entering the custom coupon number in the 'Take Payment' screen
- Extend the expiration date from the customer's 'View History' page
- Use the 'Effectiveness' report to track performance of your campaign
- Order the rules in the table with the most targeted segments (i.e. segments with the fewest number of guests) high in the list.
- Create your discounts and target Segments before creating your custom coupon rules
- Custom coupons are valid only on the customer's next visit. So, at any given time a customer has only one valid coupon to redeem.
- A custom coupon can be redeemed only by the customer it was printed for. The POS tracks each coupon that was issued.
- A custom coupon is printed for a customer only once
- Activate the custom coupon feature from the Admin > Organization settings.