Table of Contents
There could be situations when you would need to work on past appointments such as entering a past appointment in the system, rescheduling or moving a past appointment to another date, or clearing the transaction data of a past appointment from the system.
Zenoti enables you to do the following:
- Book appointments for a past date: You can add appointments to a past date on the appointment book. For instance, you couldn’t record the appointment for a walk-in guest yesterday, but want to add the appointment now Moving to the earlier day's appointment book.
- Void appointments booked at a past date: This functionality applies only for past appointments with invoice status as “Closed”. You can void an appointment if you prefer not to use the Delete Appointment option which involves individually deleting all the items in the invoice before deleting the appointment. Voiding an appointment completely removes the transaction from the system, and the appointment information is accessible only from the guest profile. Deleting however, removes the appointment only from the appointment book and such appointment details are captured in the system reports.
- Move appointments scheduled at a past date: You can move or reschedule appointments booked on a past date to another date or move appointments from the current date to an earlier date. For instance, a guest has multiple appointment bookings on the same date and has requested to move one of the appointment to a day before the scheduled date. In such a scenario, you can simply move the appointment to the desired date.
To be able to book, void or move appointments scheduled for a past date, the below setting needs to be enabled at the Organization level. To enable the setting:
- Navigate to Admin Dashboard > Organization > Organizations > Settings > Appointment Book.
- Select the Allow booking and voiding appointments in the past check box.
To book appointments for a date prior to the current date:
- On the appointment book, click the calendar, and select the date for which you want to add the appointment.
- Click a time block against a Therapist and click New Appointment on the appointment block.
- Enter the appointment details in the Guest panel and click Save. To learn more about booking an appointment follow Book an Appointment.
Similarly, enter appointment details individually for every guest you want to add to the appointment book.
Using Zenoti, you can void past appointments. For instance, you may need to void an appointment to remove a closed invoice from the system.
Remember that Void differs from Delete Appointment. Void removes the appointment and invoice information from the system. However, the information can be viewed from the guest profile. Deleting an Appointment simply removes the appointment from the appointment book but the details are captured in the system reports.
To void booked appointments for an earlier date:
- On the appointment book, click the calendar, and select the booked appointment date.
Note: To view the appointments booked by a guest, navigate to the Guest profile (Appointments tab). Follow Viewing the Guest Profile and History.
- Click the appointment block.
- Select Change Status and select Void.
Zenoti lets you quickly make updates to appointment schedules to accommodate guest requests. Not only can you update appointments made in the current date, but you can also move appointments from a past date to the current or future date.
To move an appointment from a past date to another date:
- On the appointment book, click the appointment you want to move, and then click Move Appointment Group.
Note: You can move guests who are in New, check-in and Confirm status in the appointment book. You cannot move appointments for which the invoice is already closed.
- Click the calendar at the top of your appointment book and select a date for the appointment.
- Click a time block against a Therapist and select Move Here.
Note: If there are any scheduling conflicts with any other appointment in the new time slot, depending on your Organization settings (Organization level -> Settings -> Appointment book folder, Double-booking for Therapists field) you may or may not be able to reschedule the appointment in the slot.