You can create and print a prescription from Zenoti’s appointment book. Your Zenoti’s organization and center settings should have already been activated. If they have not, refer to the article Enable And Create Prescriptions For Your Organization
You may either enter a custom prescription for a client, or use a prescription that has been pre-defined in the system. You may include one or many items in a single prescription.
To Enable Your Organization To Print A Standard Prescription
The standard format of prescriptions includes important information like doctors’ DEA registration number, State License Number, shipping & billing addresses and instructions. To use this format, follow the steps below:
- Make sure you are in the Organization view.
- On the main menu, click Admin.
- On the Admin Dashboard click Organization > Organization.
- Click the Email/Texts tab.
- Under the Configuration section, next to Standard Prescription, click Edit.
- In the next page, check the Turn this automated email on checkbox.
To Print A Prescription
- Make sure you are in the appointment book.
- Click the guest's appointment block, and select Enter Prescription Data.
- In the Doctor field, select the name the name of the doctor or the specialist the prescription is assigned to from the drop down box.
Note: You will only be able to select a doctor’s name if the Enable Prescription Signing checkbox is selected in center settings.
- Enter the appropriate Diagnosis information.
- In the Prescriptions section, you can either:
- Enter the Prescribed Item Name, Dosage and Instructions.
- Enter the Prescribed Item Name. If the name has already been created in a prescription template, the Prescribed Item Name will auto-populate for you.
- Click Add. The item will be added to a table.
- Add additional prescribed items as needed.
- If you have pre-defined prescription sets, you can select the appropriate prescription set from the drop-down field Or, select from an existing prescription set.
- Click Select. The items in the prescription set is added.
If you create a prescription set that you would like to save for future use, enter a Prescription Set Name in the Save these prescriptions as a Prescription Set field and click Create.
- In the investigations section, enter in the Investigation Name field any tests that the client needs to have done, and click Add.
- In Notes field, add any relevant comments.
- In the Ship to name field add the name of the person.
- In the Shipping Instructions field add the shipping address.
The Ship to name and Shipping Instructions fields will only appear if the setting to sign prescriptions is turned on at the center level.
- In the Status field, the status will be displayed.
Each prescription will now have “Created”, “Assigned” or “Signed” status depending on whether it has been newly created, assigned to a doctor or has been signed.
- Click Print to print the prescription
In case you turned the Standard Prescription template on at the organization level, the prescription will be printed with the default format given below not how it appears on the screen. This default format of the printed prescription can be changed in the Standard Prescription template at the organization level.