For proper inventory control, it is important to conduct a physical audit of your inventory every month, preferably by someone not involved in day to day spa operations. While Zenoti can compute products consumed versus products left based on day-to-day spa or salon operations, it is critical to physically audit the stock levels to track product gaps or leakages. The audit should verify if the product levels match with the expected inventory levels, based on the register of incoming and outgoing products from the store room. Once you have conducted the physical audit, enter the audit information in the system.
If you have not been using the Inventory module in Zenoti, and want to get started with it, filling up the audit information for retail and consumable is the first step to do so.
How do I fill in Audit?
- On the main menu, click Inventory.
- In the Inventory tab, do one of the following:
- To fill the audit for retail products, under the Retail section, click Audit.
- To fill the audit for consumables, under the Consumables section, click Audit.
- Based on your selection, the system shows the list of retail products or consumables.
Note: If you can't find a product in the list, you first need to create the product in the Admin mode. Learn how to create a product in Zenoti.
- The system shows the last audit date and last reconcile date on the top of the page.
- Using the product category or sub category lists at the top of the page, you can filter the details on the page. To search for a specific product, type the product name, code, barcode, or tag in the search box.
- In the QTY IN STORES field, enter the quantity of the product found in the store during the audit.
- In the QTY ON FLOOR field, enter the quantity of the product found on floor during the audit.
- In the Notes box, type any useful information related to the audit.
- If you want to take a re-look at the data later and make any changes before submitting the audit, click Save Changes. To submit the audit information, click Submit Audit.
- After you click Submit Audit, the system opens an Audit Details page with the following details:
- No. of Audited Products
- No. of Products Not Audited
- No. of Products
- Use projected stock values for unaudited products - negative stock would be considered as no stock
- Use zero stock values for unaudited products
The Inventory reports in Zenoti help you track if the quantities of products were manually entered or if they were system generated. Once you submit an audit, you will not be able to make any changes to the audit, and you will need to reconcile it. Learn how to Reconcile Actual Quantities Versus Projected Quantities.