What is an Order?
A very common task in inventory management is to manage orders. Orders in Zenoti are of two types - purchase order and transfer order. To order new products from a vendor, you need to create a purchase order and to order products from your head office or another center, you need to create a transfer order. To know about how to raise orders, read the articles 'Creating a Purchase Order' and 'Creating a Transfer Order'.
Once orders are raised and goods are physically delivered to your center, you need to 'accept' goods and change the status of the order to 'delivered'. However, there might be situations where the full order is not received in a single delivery.
How do I accept partial delivery of goods from a vendor?
- In the Inventory tab, click the Orders link.
- The Manage Procurement page is shown with a list of all orders related to the current center. You can filter this page based on orders such as purchase order, tax invoices, transfer to center, transfer from center, and all orders. You can also filter on the status of the order such as created, updated, raised, delivered, and all statuses. Select a duration from the drop down list and click Refresh. Note that you cannot make changes to an order form if the status is delivered.
- Click on the reference number of the order which you wish to update.
- Details of the order is displayed, such as product code, product name, quantity of product ordered, unit price, and so on. Enter the physical quantity received in the QTY RECEIVED column. If the full order was not received, enter the partial quantity that was received.
- If a discount was given, enter the discount.
- The on delivery price and total price gets adjusted as per the quantity received and the discount. Enter Notes, if required.
- Enter any other charges as applicable, such as shipping and handling charges, and so on.
Since the full order is not received, click Partial Delivery instead of Full Delivery. As the full order is not received yet, and you have not marked the order as 'delivered', the quantities of the product will not be updated in the Current Stock page as yet. It is assumed that the quantities received through orders will go into the inventory store room, hence the store room quantity gets updated only once the full order is received and you click the Full Delivery button.
- The order will be saved with the quantity received information you have entered, but will not be considered as a 'delivered' order. The order will now be shown on the Manage Procurement page with a status of 'Updated'.
Once the remaining quantities of the product arrive, click on the reference number of the order again, update the quantity received as per the physical quantities received and click the Full Delivery button and then the Save button to update the quantity of the product in the Current Stock page.