What is an Order?
A very common task in inventory management is to manage orders. Orders in Zenoti are of two types - purchase order and transfer order. To order new products from a vendor, you need to create a purchase order and to order products from your head office or another center, you need to create a transfer order. To know about how to raise orders, read the articles 'Creating a Purchase Order' and 'Creating a Transfer Order'.
How do I modify an existing order?
If you have created an order, you can modify the order at anytime. Note that if you have clicked Save&Raise when creating an order, i.e, you have raised an order, you cannot make changes to the order. Similarly, orders which have been marked as 'delivered' cannot be edited. To modify an order, perform the following steps:
- In the Inventory tab, click the Orders link.
- The Manage Procurement page is shown with a list of all orders related to the current center. You can filter this page based on orders such as purchase order, tax invoices, transfer to center, transfer from center, and all orders. You can also filter on the status of the order such as created, updated, raised, delivered, and all statuses. Select a duration from the drop down list and click Refresh. Note that you cannot make changes to an order form if the staus is raised or delivered.
- Click on the reference number of the order which you wish to edit.
- The order form is displayed. You cannot change the vendor associated with the order form. You can make the following changes to the order form:
- Modify the unit price, discount, ondelivery price, tax, or notes associated with the product. The unit price, discount, and ondelivery price automatically show up based on the product name. To update the price for this product, access the Vendors page in the Admin mode. To know more about working with vendors, read the article 'Creating A Vendor'. The tax types are shown in the drop down list based on the tax types you have created in the Admin mode. If a new tax type needs to be applied, which is not showing up in the drop down list, you need to first create the tax type. To know more about how to create tax types, read the article 'Creating Tax Types'.
- Add any additional products you wish to add to this order by entering the product name, and the quantity you wish to order and click Add.
- Delete any of the products from this order form by clicking on the Delete (red cross) button next to the product.
- Enter or modify the discount % or discount in Rs.
- Enter or modify shipping and handling and any other charges.
- Click Save to save this form or click Save&Raise to raise this order to the vendor.
Once orders are raised and products are delivered by the vendor, you can change the status of the order to 'delivered'. To know more about how to accept delivery of a purchase order, read the article 'Accepting Products from a Vendor'.