What is an Order?
A very common task in inventory management is to manage orders. Orders in Zenoti are of two types - purchase order and transfer order. To order new products from a vendor, you need to create a purchase order and to order products from your head office or another center, you need to create a transfer order. To know about how to raise orders, read the articles 'Creating a Purchase Order' and 'Creating a Transfer Order'.
Once orders are raised and goods are physically delivered to your center, you need to 'accept' goods and change the status of the order to 'delivered'. From this page, you can:
- Enter quantity received and mark products as delivered.
- Delete the PO
- Copy this order to a purchase order
- Copy this order to a transfer order
- Print the bar codes for products in this order
How do I change the status of an order to 'delivered'?
- In the Inventory tab, click the Orders link.
- The Manage Procurement page is shown with a list of all orders related to the current center. You can filter this page based on orders such as purchase order, tax invoices, transfer to center, transfer from center, and all orders. You can also filter on the status of the order such as created, updated, raised, delivered, and all statuses. Select a duration from the drop down list and click Refresh. Note that you cannot make changes to an order form if the status is delivered.
- Click on the reference number of the order which you wish to update.
- Details of the order is displayed, such as product code, product name, quantity of product ordered, unit price, and so on. Enter the physical quantity received in the QTY RECEIVED column.
- If a discount was given, enter the discount.
- The on delivery price and total price gets adjusted as per the quantity received and the discount. Enter Notes, if required.
- Enter any other charges as applicable, such as shipping and handling charges, and so on.
- If the full order is received, click Save & Deliver. If you have the required permissions, you can also edit a delivered purchase order, such as editing the quantity received and so on.
- Upon clicking on the Save & Deliver button, the quantities of the product will be updated and can be reviewed from the Current Stock page. It is assumed that the quantities received through orders will go into the inventory store room, hence the store room quantity gets updated as per the order received.
In cases where you do not receive the full order but only partial order is received, you need to click the Save button instead of Save&Deliver. To know more about accepting partial orders, read the article 'Accepting Partial Orders'.