Each organization has different policies and procedures regarding employee attendance, so Zenoti enables you to create attendance rules that are relevant to your business.
You can create rules for a working day, late check in, or early check out, and then set up the penalty for late check-ins or early checkouts.
Whether an employee is late or early is calculated based on the employee's schedule for the day (expected attendance) against the employee's check in or check out recorded from the Appointment Book (actual attendance).
Define all the scenarios in your organization that you want to track for this center, such as half day, late stay, and more for a working day. Similarly, define all scenarios for late check in or early check out, such as checking in late by 60 mins. Define the corresponding penalties, such as checking in late by 60 mins results in a deduction of .5 day leave.
To define attendance categories
- On the main menu, click Employee.
- On the Employee Dashboard menu, click Settings > Attendance Rules.
- On the Define Attendance Rules page, in the Rule Name box, enter a name for the attendance rule.
- In the For an list, select what the attendance rule is for: Working Day, Early Checkout, or Late Checkin.
- In the boxes next to if attendance is between, select a time range for the rule in minutes.
For example, if you are setting up a rule for late checkin between 30 and 60 minutes, select Late Checkin in the For an list, and in the boxes next to if attendance is between, type 30 and 60. Refer to the table below for more details:
Time range (in minutes)
Enter the total working hours for the day. For example, if you enter a time range of 480-540, the rule applies to employees who have worked between 8 to 9 hours on a day.
Enter a time range for the early checkout. For example, if you enter 30-60, the rules applies to employees who have checked out early by 30 to 60 minutes on a day.
Enter a time range for the late checkin. For example, if you enter 30-60, the rules applies to employees who have checked in late by 30 to 60 minutes on a day.
- Based on the type of attendance rule you are setting up, do the following:
- For early checkout and late checkin, in the apply a penalty of box, add the corresponding penalty in terms of number days of leave. For example, if you want to deduct .5 day leave for checking in late by 60 mins, enter .5 in the apply penalty of box.
- For working day, in the apply a special leave adjustment of box, enter a positive value to add to special leave balance, or negative value to deduct from the special leave balance. You can also enter decimal values in the box.
Note: Ideally, no two categories should overlap, but you can overlap two categories if you want to set it up that way.
After you create the attendance rules, as employees check in/check out everyday, the system applies the corresponding rule and the related benefits or penalties. You can see the leave balance from the Payroll > Attendance page.