You can customize the Forgot Password email and text message (SMS) template to send notifications to guests or employees with a reset password link or a temporary password.
You can customize the Forgot Password template to include the guest’s first name, username, and basic center details.
This notification is automatically sent when:
- A guest clicks the “Forgot Password” link on the webstore
- A request to reset password is initiated from the guest’s profile
- An employee clicks “Reset Password” from the Zenoti login screen
- A request to reset password is initiated from the employee's profile
Note: If a user who receives a reset password link does not reset the password within 24 hours, the link expires.
This article provides the following instructions:
To configure and customize the email/text message (SMS) template:
- Ensure that you are at the Organization level.
- On the main menu, click the Admin tab.
The Admin Dashboard appears.
- Click Organization > Organizations.
The Manage Organization window opens.
- Click Email/Texts tab.
- Scroll down to the Mobile/Online section.
- Click Edit next to Forgot Password to enable and customize the template.
The Forgot Password template opens.
- Customize the following templates in the edit window:
- Forgot Password (Email)
- Select Turn this automated email on to send automated emails.
- Edit the Subject field and use the Available Macros if required.
- Customize the content for Plain Text and HTML emails by using the Available Macros. Depending on the recipient's browser, the email gets delivered as plain text (without formatting and images) or HTML text (includes images, links and formatting).
Note: Click the Full Screen icon in the editor to edit the text in full screen mode.
- Forgot Password – Text Messages (SMS)
- Select Turn this automated message on to send automated text messages.
- Use the Available Macros to customize the text message.
Note: Messages with more than 160 alphanumeric characters require two or more text (SMS) credits. Messages with one or more Unicode characters (international/multilingual text characters) require one text credit for every 70 characters.
- Forgot Password (Email)
- Click Save.
A macro is a placeholder text that is replaced with specific data when inserted into an automated email/text message. Use the following macros to customize emails/text messages to include information such as center name, guest name, and username. For example, the [CenterName] macro gets replaced with the center’s name.
|[CenterCountry]||The country where the guest’s base center is located|
|[CenterAddress]||Complete address of the guest's base center (corresponds to the Address 1 and Address 2 fields in the center settings)|
|[CenterZip]||Zip code/postal code of the guest's base center location|
|[CenterState]||State where the center is located|
|[LastName]||Last name of the guest|
|[FirstName]||First name of the guest|
|[CenterPhone]||Primary phone number of the guest's base center (corresponds to the Phone 1 field in the center settings)|
|[CenterPhone2]||Secondary phone number provided for the guest's base center (corresponds to the Phone 2 field in the center settings)|
|[CenterAddlData1]||Additional center information provided in the Additional Text field in the guest's base center (center Settings->Invoice & Receipts)|
|[CenterName]||Name of the guest’s base center|
|[UserName]||Guest’s user name (corresponds to the Username field in Guest profile -> General tab)|
Link to reset the password online.
Includes a temporary password (macro available only to few organizations)
|[CustName]/ [Name]||First name followed by the last name of the guest|
|[CenterCity]||City of the guest’s base center|
|[OrgName]||Name of the center’s organization|
|[DownloadLink]||Link to download the Customer Mobile Application (if the Organization has it enabled)|
|[CenterE-mail]||Email address of the guest's base center|
|[MailUnsubscribeLink]||Link to unsubscribe from marketing and transactional emails.
Once guests unsubscribe, they will not receive marketing related emails, (including campaign related emails) and transaction related emails (including appointment related emails)
There are several possible reasons why the recipient did not receive an intended email/text message. Below mentioned are some common scenarios and troubleshooting tips:
- Verify that the guest has a valid email address.
- The email could have been delivered to the guest's Spam folder instead of the Inbox. Guide the guest to check the Spam folder.
- Ensure the Email/Text Notification (SMS) template for Forgot Passwords in turned ON. See Configure and Customize Email/Text (SMS) Template.