Mirror mode allows you to set up a customer facing, payment kiosk. Your front desk staff use their desktop computers to create an invoice and accept payments, while the guest is able to review the invoice and make their payments via an iPad and card reader.
The guest’s experience on the iPad includes the ability to:
- Review the invoice
- Select a tip amount
- Pay by swiping, inserting, or tapping their credit or debit card
To set up mirror mode:
- Ensure you have completed the Zenoti Payment setup.
Note: In the settings for Zenoti Payments, ensure the checkboxes Enable credit card processing in POS and Save credit cards in POS are selected.
- Enable mirror mode at the organization level and at the center level for a cash register.
Note: You must have at least one active cash register at the center level to mirror an invoice. For more information, See Add Cash Registers.
- Launch the Zenoti Mobile POS on iPad. Select a cash register, and turn mirror mode on.
- At the Organization level, navigate to Admin > Organization > Organizations > Settings > Invoice & Receipt.
- Select the Enable invoice mirroring for mobile POS checkbox (if not already selected).
- At the center level, navigate to Admin > Setup > Cash Registers.
You will see the list of cash registers.
- Click the cash register that you wish to turn mirror mode on.
The cash register properties open.
Note: You can turn mirror mode on for any number of cash registers. All the cash registers for which you turn mirror mode on become available for mirroring on Zenoti Mobile POS. You can choose the cash register whose invoice you wish to mirror.
- Select the Enable Invoice Mirroring checkbox (if not already selected) and click Save.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 4 and 5 for all the cash registers you wish to turn mirror mode on.
- On your iPad, launch Zenoti Mobile POS and tap Settings.
The Settings page opens.
- Tap Cash Register. The list of cash registers that you turned mirror mode on for (in Steps 4 and 5) appears.
- Tap the cash register whose invoice you wish to mirror.
You will come back to the Settings page.
- On the Settings page, tap Switch to Mirror mode.
The mirror mode switches on and you can now accept card payments in mirror mode.
Note: If you wish to mirror an invoice from another cash register, you must repeat steps from 7 to 10.