Employees perform various tasks in the day-to-day functioning of a business in exchange for a pay or a salary. These tasks, grouped by similarity of function, are called jobs in Zenoti. Typically, different employees perform different tasks or jobs. You can create various jobs in Zenoti such as receptionist, therapist, senior therapist, stylist, and senior therapist. Read: Defining Jobs and Roles for Employees
To create a job:
- Ensure you are at the Organization level.
- From the main menu, click Employee.
The Manage Employee window opens.
- Expand Employees from the left panel.
- Click Jobs.
- Click Add.
The Create New Job window opens.
- Enter General information as per the guidelines in the following table.
Field Description Job Name Enter the name of the job.
Example: Junior Hair Stylist
Create a unique identifier for the job.
Ensure you have a logic behind the way you give a code.
Example: JHS001 could stand for Junior Hair Stylist, SHS002 could stand for Senior Hair Stylist. This way, your searches for jobs are also easier.
Description Enter a description for the job. A description helps bring clarity to the job and what employees with a particular job are expected to do. A description for a senior job will therefore have more responsibilities.
Example: A junior hair stylist assists a senior hair stylist in preparing, conditioning, and styling hair. They also check inventory and anticipate needs for hair care products.
Discount Limit Source
Specify the source for the discount limit.
Should discount be allowed from the service being offered or should this come from the job level? Select Service or Job as appropriate.
Specify the discount limit in a percentage.
If you specify 5% here on a Service, it means the service can be offered with a maximum discount of 5%.
Example: If the selling price of a service is $100, you can offer the same service at a discounted price of $95 (and not lower than that).
If you specify 5% here on a Job, it means that employees holding that particular job can offer a maximum of 5% discount on the services they offer.
Example: A junior stylist may be able to offer 5% discount whereas a senior stylist may be able to offer 10% discount because of the job they hold.
Color Code Select a color from the color palette - this color appears in a vertical bar on the left along with the therapists name on the Appointment Book.
Example: You may have all massage specialists in one color, all hair stylists in one color, and all beauticians in one color. This way, with one glance at the Appointment Book you know the function of each therapist.
- Click Next.
- Enter a Designation for the job.
Example: Junior, Assistant, Associate, or Senior.
- Click Add.
The designation appears in the bottom panel. To remove a designation, click the red cross mark.
- Click Next.
- Enter the Targets for the job. Learn more: Setting Targets for a Job
- Click Next.
- Enter Commission-related details for the job. Learn more: Configuring Job Level Commissions and Employee Commissions - An Overview
- Select the Services that can be performed as part of the job. The services you select here are said to be services mapped at the job level. Learn more: Specifying Services Employees Can Perform - Advanced Concepts and Specifying Services Employees Can Perform - FAQ
- Enter the Memberships that can be sold as part of the job. This means, employees holding this particular job are authorized to sell only those Memberships you specify here.
- Select the Centers within your Organization where you expect employees to have this job.
- Click Finish.
The new job is created.
Important: You will notice two new tabs - Employees and Forms.
Employees tab and what you can do from this tab: Once you create a job, you can associate employees to the job from the Manage Employees > <Name of employee> screen. Read: Adding General Information for a New Employee. The employees you associate to a job in this manner, appear in a new Employee tab in the Manage Jobs > <Name of the job> screen.
Tip: You can view names of employees in this Employee tab for a given Center only if employees have been associated to this job from the Manage Employees > <Name of employee> screen.
Forms tab and what you can do from this tab: You can restrict access to custom forms from the Forms tab. Read: Job Level Restrictions for Custom Forms